Ultrasonic Diffuser: Whisper Premium
Ultrasonic Diffuser: Whisper Premium
The Whisper Premium Silent Misting Diffuser has the most positive reviews from our customers! A resuable/disposable plastic cup holds your oils in water so that they never touch the state-of-the-art ultrasonic disc. (Plain water must be added in disc reservoir.) A timer cord features 6 settings for therapeutic diffusion lasting from 50 minutes to 9 hours. The Whisper cleans easily, runs quietly, conserves oils, and functions with durable replacement parts. This high-quality machine is a worthwhile investment in your family's health—includes a 1-year limited warranty.
Contents: 1 diffuser, 1 timer cord, and 5 reusable/disposable oil and water cup liners.
- Uses heat-free, humidifying diffusion.
- Breaks essential oils into therapeutic microparticles.
- Accommodates thick oils.
- Diffuses quietly.
- Contains durable parts (with inexpensive replacements).
- Cleans easily.
- Conserves oil.
- Offers 6 timer options for diffusion up to 9 hours.
- Includes a white LED light with on/off switch.
- Shuts off automatically when water in base drops below minimum level.
- Oil and water cup made from BPA-free, PET-1 plastic (highest grade).
- Automatically adjusts to input voltage from 110–240 VAC, 47–63 Hz. (Further adaptation may be needed in some countries.)
Dimensions: 3½" x 3½" x 8".
Note: The first time you use your Whisper diffuser, fill the base and cup to the fill lines with tap water, set the timer to the "50m" setting, and let the diffuser run until it begins to produce a good quantity of mist. This will cleanse the mechanism of any residue left over from the manufacturing process. It may take up to an hour to complete this cleaning process.
Proper use of your diffuser will ensure optimum performance and longevity. Make sure you understand how the diffuser functions before operating. This diffuser contains several important parts.
- WATER TANK AND ULTRASONIC DISK:
- Only water is to be placed in the base, never oil. The Ultrasonic Disc in the base of the diffuser vibrates at 2.5 million times a second, creating a mist of ultra-fine microparticles. Adding oils to the base can interfere with this operation. The oil goes in the flexible liner cup, mentioned below. Water is needed to trigger vibrations in the ultrasonic disc and the diffuser will not operate without it. Checking the water levels after each diffuser cycle is a good practice. Ideally, water should be changed every other day, or once a week at the very least. Regular tap water is needed for the diffuser to mist properly as it requires minerals in the water to operate.
- When the water level falls below the water level sensor, the diffuser turns off automatically. Keep the water level between the minimum and the maximum lines located on the sides, inside the base, preferably just above the minimum line. Water level can vary upon altitude, so you may need to adjust the water level between these lines for maximum mist output.
- If the diffuser isn’t misting properly, adjust this water level to find the optimal level for your altitude. After finding the optimal water level for your location, you can use a permanent marker to mark this level on the side of the tank so you can easily refill the tank to the correct level.
- FLEXIBLE LINER CUP:
- The flexible liner cup stores both water and oil. This liner prevents oil from reaching the ultrasonic disc and interfering with its vibrations. Adding just the right amount of water is essential for proper operation. Use the included measuring cup to fill the liner with water, then insert 2-6 drops of essential oil. Remember that the oil goes in the liner cup, never in the measuring cup or the water tank in the base of the diffuser. *NOTE: Drier climates may need an additional 2-3 tsp. of water if the water runs out before the diffuser finishes a cycle.
- Should your diffuser be performing below its norm, it’s also a good idea to ensure correct water levels in the plastic liner cup. Sometimes smoothing the cup with your finger can help the mist disperse properly and prevent air pockets.
- This plastic cup has been tested to work with the strongest oils, like lemon and cinnamon, and has a recommended usage life of 2-3 months, but may last longer depending on usage. Inexpensive replacement cups are also available at Abundant Health.
- SPLASH GUARD:
- The round splash guard keeps water inside the diffuser. Keep it in place when operating the diffuser to keep water from entering the corner holes and draining out the bottom.
- CLEAR COVER AND DIRECTIONAL NOZZLE:
- The clear square cover and directional nozzle direct the mist output of the diffuser. Do not attempt to remove the nozzle after attaching it to the clear cover as it may cause the cover to crack. If you need to change the direction of the mist, rotate the square clear cover and directional nozzle together.
- The timer can be set to run with continuous output for 50 minutes or off and on for up to 9 hours. Press the power button to turn on the timer. Then, use the SET button to select your interval. Interval modes will set the diffuser to output for 15 seconds with varying rest periods starting from 15 seconds up to 2 minutes. Options include: 50 minutes continuous, 2 hours of output with 15 seconds of diffusion and a 15 second rest period, up to 9 hours of output with 15 seconds of diffusion and a 2 minute rest period.
- The diffuser is designed so that the water in the cup lasts the duration of each timer setting.
- BLUE LED LIGHT:
- The blue LED at the base of the diffuser can also be turned on and off. Make sure there is no water in the diffuser when turning the base over to access the switch or be careful lifting the diffuser so that no water leaks out.
- CLEANING THE DIFFUSER:
- Make sure the diffuser is unplugged.
- Empty water from the flexible cup and water tank by pouring it out the notched side of the diffuser.
- Using a soft, damp cloth, wipe out the inside of the water tank, the exterior of the diffuser base, and wherever else may be needed.
- Poke the cloth through the directional nozzle to clean it without removing it from the clear cover.
- Place a small amount of alcohol in the flexible liner cup.
- Dip a Q-tip in the alcohol and gently clean the ultrasonic disc in the base of the diffuser as well as the flexible liner cup.
- A disinfecting wipe or damp paper towel with cleaning solution works well on tough oil residue. However, cleaning solution with Lemon essential oil could damage the plastic, so use standard precautions if you are used to cleaning with Lemon essential oil.
- Frequent cleaning will keep your diffuser looking new and allow you to enjoy its long-lasting performance.